This event will help businesses harness local talent, give back to the local community and make a real difference to vulnerable young people in Leicester and Leicestershire. It will introduce the Promise to Care, a new initiative from Leicestershire Cares which aims to involve more employers in supporting local care leavers to achieve their full potential, while providing flexible and accessible ways for businesses to deliver meaningful and lasting positive change in their local communities.
The event is suitable for any business interested in meaningful engagement with their local community, from all sectors and of all sizes.
- Benefit from practical advice and tips on supporting young people in the workplace
- Learn from businesses who have benefitted from supporting care leavers
- Hear from local care leavers about the difference their support can make to their lives.
- Gain practical suggestions and advice to help your business harness the untapped talent of local care leavers
- Access tailored support from Leicestershire Cares to maximise your business’s contribution to the local community and make a difference to vulnerable young people
- Get the opportunity to join a growing group of local businesses who have pledged a range of support for local care leavers
8.30am - 9am Arrival and refreshments / networking
9am - 9.10am Welcome and introduction, Michael Kapur Esq OBE, Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire
9.10am - 9.30am The business benefits of supporting local care leavers, local business representatives
9.30am - 9.40am The difference employer support makes to care leavers, Care leavers from Leicestershire Cares
9.40am – 9.55am Case study: apprenticeships for care leavers, Leicestershire County Council
9.55am - 10am Thanks, acknowledgements and invite to sign up to promise, Leicestershire Cares
10am - 10.30am Attendees sign up to the Promise, networking and further refreshments